Friday, March 18, 2011

Week #9 – Improv

This is a short riff on “Daddy” by Sylvia Plath, which is too long to copy here.


Thumb-uppance

You ask too much, you ask too much
Every day, Daddy-poo,
And everything I ever do will not do
For you, try as I might,
It just will not do.

Daddy-poo, I have wanted to kill you,
But you will not die----
You just keep popping up
Like weeds in early springtime,
and that is why I

Never prayed for you,
Even when you were sick,
Preparing to pass away,
I only called to see what
I could do to make it quick.

I heard that you never asked for me.
They said you continuously refused
to relent and let me visit you.
That’s OK, Daddy-poo,
Because I’m not confused

About my role in this world.
I can live without you
And your relentless “because I said so”
rule of thumb. So long,
Daddy-poo. Toodle-loo!

No comments:

Post a Comment